View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: NEW i am planning on building a bike but NEED some advice

Welcome to the forum. I rep the shop dogs a rider/builders club in waukegan,just down the road from you. Listen to nougat's advice on the ubolt mount. If you need something welded (ie:mounting plate to ubolt frame ) please feel free to call on me , most of the time you can drop something small in mail and get it back the next week. Or pm me and pop over sometime . I have a small shop set up for mb's
The other main prob people have is mounting rear sprocket corectly. So dependig on wheel and hub you may need a washer turned to fit o.d. Of hub and i.d. Of drive sprockett. This is also some thing we can do for you if you want help ,thats why my buddies and I started a club vs a shop , just more user friendly that way.
Make sure you put your location on map project and read thread on chicagoland rally
Lett me know what u decide to build
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek