View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Something new and kinda sorta 100 years old looking

Coming together a little bit. I'm not going to put the fenders on it, at least not for now because of time constraints. I kinda like it without them anyway.

I have to figure out how to permanently attach the tank and need to find four identical tan belts to strap the luggage down. Seat needs a clamp. Also need to make a headlight bracket. The lever belt clutch looks like it's going to work. Just need to tweak it a little to keep it from rubbing the tire and the tank. It's a snug fit but should all work out. The Micargi pedals aren't exactly vintage, but then again neither are a lot of the other parts and they don't look too bad. Maybe I'll paint the studded surface copper or something, or black so they sorta disappear. I might skip putting a cable on the front hub until after the show I'm taking this thing to. It doesn't have to be 100%, but I would like it to be boiler-ready. Tomorrow I'll make the brass straps for the boiler and get it mounted. I'll shorten up the stack a good bit. Maybe even with the top of the luggage, call it a bun warmer ...

Last edited by fishguts; 03-11-2011 at 06:25 PM.