View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: Why did you put a motor on your bike?

I originally motorized my first bicycle in answer to difficulties with transportation: driving my van to work was getting expensive due to high cost of gas and parking; taking the bus was time consuming and the schedule was extremely inconvenient where I live; it would take way too long to walk, and almost as long to pedal, to work at 9.3 miles away (I originally thought it was only 7 miles); most if not all electric cycle set-ups aren't good for much more than 5 miles and where would I plug it in when I got there, so electric was out; I know two-smokers pretty well and feel comfortable working on them.

So necessity steered invention. The first time. Then came the accident with the truck.

When I got to feeling better, I realized that I simply wanted to continue to have a motorbike to ride, even if I felt that downtown traffic was too crazy I knew I at least wanted to use it for errands and recreation. I miss my first one. I wanted the new one, my Higgins that I'm working on now.

I don't feel like I have anything to prove. I merely discovered that I like motorized bicycles and want to keep one around to ride on now and again. I think the fact that they're fun is a good enough reason to have one all on its own.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 03-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.