Thread: Op Roller Build
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Op Roller Build

Originally Posted by scotto- View Post
A nice build indeed! I really like the OP's aluminum frame, all but the 1" head tube they use instead of one for the 1-1/8" steer tube. The only other prob I see is the lack of a front brake and just a coaster brake for stopping power.....not enuf in my book. None the less, nice job on the build biknut.

Thanks scotto. Back in September when Bruce bought this bike nither one of us had any idea what was a good bike to use, or why. He rides a ZX10R and was thinking at the time maybe motor bicycles won't be any fun, so why spend much money. Since that time he's learned about how much fun my bike has been so he probably would do it differently now. I think as time has gone by and we found out how nice my bike is, he started thinking this bike would end up a little too cheap and worried it wouldn't be very good. I was a little concerned about that too, but now that it's complete I feel it turned out better than either one of us expected.

So far Bruce hasn't even seen it yet except for the pictures I sent him. Hopefully he'll go crazy like the rest of us and our numbers will increase by one.

Considering this is probably the cheapest bike on earth, it was nice to build it and find out what you can end up with spending minimal money. I'm pretty impressed.