Thread: Bike PUSHER???
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bike PUSHER???

Wow, I just clicked thru that site Lightfoot and I think it's excellent. I know from looking at various web sites on the net that there are many young men building, experimenting, and inventing thimgs just as those same kids of the 20's & 30's did. Utube shows video's of many of their projects as well.

I only hope more young men step out from behind the computer and spend some time in the shop to develop their bench craft skills. Then apply computer tech to what they do both from the research on the net to the design phase. And dads, uncles, and grand dads give birthday and holiday gifts of tool boxes with beginning mechanical, electronics, and carpentry & masonry tools. Then try to support the kids efforts with guidance, advice, and project plans appropriate to their ages. These essential qualities have to go into boy's when they are growing up as after they are grown they may have no interest in learning about it. But the boys who do gain these skills growing up will be better able to look after themselves and families later.

If anyone else knows of vintage workshop project sites please mention them.