Thread: Ol' Blue
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Ol' Blue

That old Schwinn Sting Ray went through every stage I did first was the hot rod it was made to be then the chopper stage with the big tall sissy bar and round steering wheel and last the BMX with nobby tires bent seat post little handle bars, four bolt goose neck,cross bars,pads and the ten spd seat then back to what to it was originally when I sold it to the kid across the street and it was already a collectors item in 1986. My second bike was again a Christmas present from my Dad, a 1976 Schwinn 24" frame orange Varisity 10
speed (purchased for $130.00) my brother also got the exact bike.
I gave up on bicycles when I went through a bitter divorce and custody battle, at that time I had built two bikes for my sons that were totally dumpster dives builds, they were beautiful I was so tore up I threw the bikes
back into the dumpster they came from,never ridden once then one day at a car show with my Dad I saw two motorized Schwinn beach cruisers(father and son owned) well that did it ! putting all emotion aside I jump'n right back into it, now one of my sons (#2) who now lives in Georgia is also building a motorized bike after seeing what I'm doing. it was a father to a son thing and Thank God!! so will it continue