View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: New tank inspired by Silverbear and Tinsmith

Well, if I'm a full fledged geezer, Dan's a geezer with training wheels, doing his best to catch up. Ha! Yes, we had a good work day and learned a few things along with making progress. Maybe next time we'll be done. Dan will anyway. Yes, it does take longer than a person would think and I believe Dan may be right about doing this without some of the tools might be pretty tough. The burring tool and some kind of brake for bending are pretty important. On the other hand the results are real nice and I would like to be able to make more of these tanks. We'll see. Like you, I have to finish the first one before getting ahead of myself. I'll get to work on our thread tomorrow and will post some photos of progress.
Keep those photos of your work coming, Tim. Good going...
You're coming right along on your tank. You're right about the holding things together while trying to solder at the same time... not easy. But if you do a second tank it will probably go better than the first one. The cantilever tank Dan and I are working on is still evolving.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...