View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Where is Pirate?

Originally Posted by Crowvise View Post
Pirate has been nothing short of wonderful for me.
I've used them a couple of times.
First time was a replacement carb for my flying horse(stolen).Last time was for vibration dampeners for my headache(GT5 SkHk). Last time should have been for a billet head & intake but I can't get the motor running. And to think I got the GT5 for it's compatability w/ manic's head, while thinking that it also includes in the price the "CNS" I was going to buy for my Flying Horse.
I was going to buy my 2nd kit from them but they were out of stock.
So I pray to holy h-e-double-hockey sticks(highly offensive/censored word here -apparently women and children are only permitted to hear it in church), that he continues to be around as long this hobby exists.
As for the phone:
you actually got through on the phone? I never did. Though I never bothered to leave a message either. I don't like phone tag.
2 days with a previous excellent track record and you title the post "where is" as if he disappeared instead of "is..."

I got an emal notification yesterday that the order was being shipped. So, all is well. However, my concern was the inability to communicate in a timely manner. All previous dealings had same day communication. Unanswered emails and a phone that keeps ringing without being answered was my concern. I thought maybe someone could shed some light if maybe they were on vacation, or some other reason why suddenly their system wasnt working as smoothly as in the past. I did notice now they do have something listed on the website about not answering emails due to moving things around with the business. Had that been posted earlier, I wouldn't have had to ask any questions. Good communication is the key to a smooth business transaction. Like I said before, I wasn't out to spread any negativity against Pirate. Just asked a simple question. I fully intend to keep dealing with them. Now I know, sometimes for whatever reason, not to expect identical processing, etc. on all orders. As a business owner myself, I can understand sometimes things can get a little crazy and hectic.