View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default The 100 year old cranbrook

Hey. I have been building and selling these things for about 6 months now, but I have never actually owned my own bike, I just ride the ones im going to sell for a bit, then sell them. So now that I just sold my 8th bike. I decided its time to build my own. The pics arnt great, but ill get better pictures later. First off, yes, this is a crapbrook, I used the crapbrook because it is what I use on all my builds, and with the proper care, they hold up ok.
Its got the grubee gt5, triple tree fork ( not easy to fit to a cranbrook) a baffle-less expansion pipe from pirate, the billet CNS intake ( holey smokes what a differance that makes) 36 tooth sprocket and a 415 chain.I dont have a speedo on it yet, but it is by far, the fastest bike I have built so far. I had to cut the rear fender to clear the chain and then the fron fender rubbed the expansion chamber, so... I turned the front fender backwards and cut off a few inches. the seat is a very old brooks that came off an old raleigh I had rotting away, it was trashed, but I soaked it and wrapped it till it dried and now its almost good as new. The paint I did my self, just rattle caned with a clear coat, started with a brown primer and was going to paint it with an oil rubbed bronze paint but I liked how with the brown primer it looked rusted, so I went with that and tried to go for an old "barn find" look, there are 6 differant colors of paint I used to try to get the "aged" look, and trust me, it looks much better in person, anyway, let me know if you like her