View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Custom Fuel Tank, Gas Tank

Love the idea of forum section for tank fab . I have built several tanks both in frame and saddle bag .using steel for now as i only have hobby welder at shop .have learned a thing or two though, i hear you in regards too the petcock height,there are several small fuel pumps out there but all expensive. Most ive seen are sold at high end hobby shops that cater to rc airplanes. Some run on as little as four volts but they all push WAY more fuel then a two stroke needs (in my opnion). One tank i made had a low swoop to it for looks but inside i put in a little bulkhead to raise fuel level, but volume was lessened????
Ive milled off little bits of mounting blocks too lower engine but that creates other issues sometimes. So what can be done ? Pressure system ,vacum pres,small mech pump off mag? Or hi perf carb with built in pump running off white wire? Just tossing it out there...
P.s. Would love to post tank pics ,cant post from ipad ???
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek