View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Tinsmith's in frame gas tank for cantilever Schwinn.

And that's it for now. Next Saturday Dan will attend to his Worksman 4 stroke build and I will attempt to make a cantilever tank in tin on my own... with Dan nearby to ask for advice. A bit later we will make the same tank out of copper and later yet I want to make a tank for a Schwinn Panther either of tin or copper or both. I have mounted Tank #1 on my daily rider, a 51 Schwinn with a Greyhound engine and Q matic transmission. No leaks...
Pictured below is tank #2 on what will probably be my entry in the 4 stroke build off next year. It has a Tomos moped suspension fork and will get those vintage Schwinn rims laced to moped drum hubs with heavy duty spokes. I think the paint will follow the original Hornet pattern with the same colors, black with white trim. Tank will be clear coated and left alone. Headlight is from Harbor Freight and needs to be drilled for side mounts. Engine will probably be another 79CC Greyhound with EZ transmission, hopefully the 2 speed version. Tinsmith's tank sure looks nice in that frame. Thanks, Bud...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03749.JPG (278.1 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03750.JPG (297.9 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03752.JPG (272.3 KB, 251 views)
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...