View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Centrifugal vs. Clutch Engines

The reason I say that about the ggg motor is because I don't have one to try it. I honestly don't see why that motor would be any different than mine.From what I read the only thing different is the end of the crankshaft on the ggg. The original clutch is still in there and it still operates if you hook up the cable. The cent. clutch is installed off the small gear, which would be the output gear. Once the chain is put on you can't roll the bike without the engine turning over. If you pull in the manual clutch the bike will roll freely. The one way bearing on the front of the cent. clutch is a touchy thing when you are installing the clutch. If you push the clutch on the shaft and the bearing pushes out the front the barrel shaped bearings will fall out and it's frustrating to get these lined up right. Once the clutch is seated right you will notice that the clutch only turns one way. If that bearing is not in their for whatever reason the bike will run by pull starting only.I cannot see that bearing not being in there because the bushing is part of the bearing. Now if it was installed without one of the barrel shaped bearrings (fell into the giant big hole into oblivian) the bearing won't work and you won't be able to bump start it. This is my experience only but I think I have a handle on how the cent. clutch works. Others mileage may very. I'm done with this subject