View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Something new and kinda sorta 100 years old looking

Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench View Post
Nice! Man, I haven't dragged a set of lines since I owned my old '76 Camaro. I couldn't resist just a bit of decoration on the old beast. It's too easy to go overboard with pinstripes, though. They're like booze, you gotta know when to say when.

I take that back, I was wrong: I got out the old brush when I decorated my first MB, the original Tempus. Red stripes up the fenders and around the edges of the battery covers, on a jet black bike. Now how could I have forgotten that?
Thanks! Sounds like you're probably a much better pinstriper than I am. I marvel at the guys at street rod events pulling perfect double lines down the sides of cars. It's been a while since I've done any pinstriping. I was surprised I could even find the brush! But once I pinstriped my grandson's pedal car I had to at least do something else. I'm not planning on any other line work on this bike (well, maybe something on the tank), just wanted to do something on the flywheel to make the motor look more antique. It's a traditional wagon wheel pattern. Yeah, I've seen some really overdone pinstripe jobs - things got way out of hand in the 70's!

Last edited by fishguts; 02-11-2011 at 03:50 AM.