View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Cool Re: Tinsmith's in frame gas tank for cantilever Schwinn.

Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
On behalf of Tinsmith, thank you for the positive comments. For my small part in this enterprise I'm glad for the opportunity to give back to forum members who have helped me so much in the past year and a half and for being able to give back to Dan for his kindness and generosity.
The tin work is something new to me and is a pleasant surprise. As mentioned earlier, my original quest was for a copper tank. Dan's suggestion to make a prototype out of tin was I thought to save some money over the more expensive copper. But now I'm seeing the tin as something to consider on it's own merit. I had no idea it would look so good!
It will be interesting to make the same tank out of both metals and will be a learning experience discovering ways in which they are similar and also different.
I am also pleased to have made new and good friends in Dan and his wife Jackie who feeds the boys when we come in from the shop. I as much look forward to our conversations and stories as for the shop time. And one of these fine days the weather will turn enough spring like for us to go bike riding... finally someone to go bike riding with, a first for each of us. Woohoo!
!!! twisted minds think alike!!!
I was thinking Copper with Brass trim!
I've been trying to get my better half involved for some time now so we could go riding together-
Ive even pieced together an old friction drive rack mount and mild new 49cc 4 stroke engine to bolt onto her ladies Trek navigator, she just don't know it.
Trying to explain the "feeling of freedom and flight" to most non bikers is a waste of time...
Till more people get there butts in the saddle...
Keep em running!