View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Dealer & Custom Builder
Default Re: BlowByU Full Belt Drive Felt Magno Build

Originally Posted by Quenton Guenther View Post
Hi Terry,

Very big odds you won't need the expensive spacers to mount the sheave. The spacers are for the Whizzer 24" wheel with the 5" rear brake. The 5" rear brakes were used on the Whizzer 24" Pacemaker and the 24" Ambassador. The 20" Sportsman also used the 5" brake, however the belt sheave was attached directly to the rim [not the spokes].

Several EZM dealers have made rear belt drive systems and worked very well [Miles, Helmutt, Ray, myself, and several others], and in fact the original "silent power" only required a simple pulley change to convert to rear belt drive.

Only downside to belt drive is the unlimited possibilities of belt length due to frame, motor location, and drive system choices.

Good luck on the project, and I can tell you it is worth the effort as 98% of my motorbike collection is total belt drive.

Have fun,
Thank you Quenton
I was not going to use them but the guy that sold these to me told me I would need them. Can you tell me or even better show a picture of how these are assembled, as in does the screw go through the sheave then a washer over the spoke and then the nut or is it the other way round

Last edited by Terry Blow; 02-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.