View Single Post
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: help on motor clutch and kill switch?!?!

I too had a problem with the clutch being stuck on my new 80cc engine.After trying all the sugestions I could find on this forum , still no luck.So, many thanks to Creative Designs for their animated anopoly of how the clutch system works I was able to take the big gear off and put it in the vise where I was sucessful in breaking it loose.While I had the gear out I put a drop or two of oil on the tiny bearings, cause they felt kinda gritty.After putting the gear back on and adjusting the clutch plate with the star nut and installing the lock screw I put the cover back on.Next I put the other cover on that has the clutch actuator on it and I discovered that it would'nt go all the way on without depressing the clutch plate.Only one thing could cause that and it was that the dowel pin was too long.I ended up having to grind about .200 off the lenght of it.Went ahead and put the cover on and now the clutch works like a dream.I'm thinking that you guys that have a hard to pull clutch handle,slipping clutch,the problem might just be that dowel pin is too long. Hope this helps somebody.