Thread: newbie from TX
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: newbie from TX

Hey thanks for all the replies guys. Im glad to see so many Texans on the forum. I enjoy getting together with like minded folks and share in the hobby. I am a bit of a performance nut. I have been riding motorcycles since the 4th grade. I raced motorcross, hare scrambles on ATVs both 3 and 4 wheels and a few years of observed trials.

I am a bit of a car nut currently building another Ultralite S2k. This one will be 450 rwhp in a 1300 lb car. It is quick and fun little car. I want to build the BTR just to go back and forth to work on during nice weather. I would like to take it to the race track and use for a pit bike. It is a good conversation piece and like the oddball stuff anyway.

I think I am pretty familiar with 2 cycle engines and tuning shouldnt be a problem. I am familiar with the 3 shoe Morini clutch adjustments that was hashed out pretty well on this forum. I am looking at building Pats Sportsman Flyer Racer and I just dont think it would look right with the China girl engine. I do have a 16hp Vangaurd V twin sitting in the shop which I think would be alot of fun but that opens a hole new can of worms. So I think I will be starting with the Morini and I will upgrade from there if I find myself lacking. I would like to meet up with someone and see a bike in person before I spend the money and find its not what I thought. I will be heading to San Antonio in early March maybe I could come over to Austin and check out a bike there.