View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by thine82 View Post
my bike is going slow.. at 15mph .. doesnt sound like a air leak.. could i hear it if it was? my clutch acts fine until it runs for a short bit and then when i go to pull the clutch lever in and lock it in place.. it then does not want to free wheel. but yes it free wheels at first.. any ideas? i know this might be off topic but i ride mine everyday and need it for work and yeah i ran it through a few snow banks today because i wanted to see how far i could make it through the twelve foot section that was cover by about three feet of snow..lmao.. made it through it. wonder if i should just get a new engine and rip this one apart and fix it just incase i need it for later or i could make it a really fast one.. lend me a hand guys.
I suggest either tightening up the cable adjustment to give less free play in the clutch cable. Do bear in mind that you still need a teensy bit of free play to avoid prematurely wearing out the release components.

Or..... Turning the flower nut out a notch or two to put less initial spring pressure on the clutch friction pads. Just don't get it too loose or else the clutch will slip under load.

Also, be sure that the release ball and clutch hub bearings are properly greased.
"It's a chinagirl. It's a sometimes fun little engine that often will break your heart. It's disposable.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."