View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Pseudo Board Tracker - My New Project

Hey guys, sorry for the long pause. I had to finish school and get the rest of my world back in order.

In the mean time, I've decided to abandon this frame for this project because I found another, better frame to use. That thread will start sometime this month after I finish my wife's bike, but I wanted to have some conclusion to this thread.

In the end, I got impatient and just JB Welded over the hole in the dropouts and ground off the gas tank mounting monstrosity. A little paint and some salvaged components and I've got myself a decent cruiser for the local springtime pub crawls / family rides.

This build wasn't an entirely lost cause, though... I did learn how to lace and true wheels, how to wrap my own grips, as well as using my first internally geared hub. I also learned alot about how awful Krylon is for this type of painting and I won't use it again on a bike. Next time I think I'll try farm implement paint or appliance epoxy.

Anyway, here is the final product. As for the board tracker / tribute racer idea, that flame still burns bright and the important components are in-house for its creation... Stay tuned!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finished Creamsicle.jpg (244.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Rear End Details.jpg (316.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Front End Details.jpg (741.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Handlebar Details.jpg (499.0 KB, 39 views)