View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: This is priceless episode II

Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
I have in my possession two small (screw on) hose clamps for possible future emergency use on my motorcycle fuel line. They will only be used as a last resort.

They're the work of the devil.
I totally agree with rockhopper.

Personally, I like large Nylon Zip Ties to carry me through any emergency. Hose clamps leave marks in the finished product and I don't need tools to install them.

About this particular build: It just goes to show that there are a goodly number of people out there with neither morals nor mechanical ability, who are passing themselves off as mechanics. It also shows us that there are a goodly number of people with too much money; who are so ignorant as to pay someone, a complete stranger, half a week's take home pay to butcher a perfectly good bicycle and engine kit.

Fools and their money are thus separated.

Another passing thought.....Maybe the paid "mechanic" was just trying to follow the instructions that came with the kit. Which says a lot about the quality - or lack thereof - of the printed instructions that come with these kits; and of the current state of illiteracy prevalent in the United States today.
"Can't never did get nothin' done on no car." - Pete