View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: rear or front mounted engine kits not for me

In 2008 I purchased a Keystone toy hauler camper. The first trip down the road the not filed sharp edges of the aluminum frame tore the rubber roof about 4 feet long down the side of it. Then when I got it parked and hit the button to put out the bedroom slide, the bottom strip of the bed ripped the carpet and popped off. At the same time the corner molding on the outside simply fell on the ground because it was not attached.

3 years ago, over 200 Dometic refrigerators just burst into flames due to faulty propane hose wiring in these same campers.

I know this is not a camper forum, however my point is this model camper is $50k+ and is made in America! If you look for the bad you will find the bad. When things are mass produced you are bound to get some bad apples.

Toyota cars are made in many of those have been recalled recently due to situations that could and have caused fatalities.

You are not necc going to get a better product because it was made in Japan (who by the way outsources most of their work to China and Korea) or made in the USA.