View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: A project I have in mind...(but I need a little help)

I'm going to chime in on the positive side... If you're not trying to duplicate the bike and are just wanting to build something with the Marsh vibe, I don't think it will be too difficult or expensive. The expensive part depends on your fabrication skills and resourcefulness as a scrounger. The tank looks fairly easy to build something similar.

The hardest part will be the engine, if you can't make do with one of the Chinese two strokes. As others have pointed out the engine in the Marsh is a stressed member. I have to admit I love the look of stressed member bikes and have been wondering if the two strokes could be modified to be used in such an application. However, I still think you could pull off a decent bike paying honor to the Marsh even if you build it with a two stroke without a stressed member frame. In fact, I think that would be a reasonable goal for an ambitious 17 year old wanting to learn.

Just notice your location says Gallipolis, I assume that's Ohio since I've never heard of another Gallipolis. My Mom is from Proctorville so I'm familar with the area.

Last edited by Jax2A; 12-30-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition