View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
... I went out to fire up the snow thrower. I got it second hand for Carol's birthday last yr. I wasn't always here in the mornings to shovel and I move out a lot. (She calls me her favorite flight risk) Any way, it never ran well. Guy I bought it from is a motor head and he said he had tuned it up. He lied. ..
I noticed something similar in Cleveland, in so far as even licensed mechanics tend to do that - almost unknowingly. They spend so much time fixing other people's rides that they tend to woefully neglect their own hoopties. I bought my old Puch Magnum from a mechanic who'd bought it, for his son I think. He said it just needed gas & oil and then it should run. Apparently he also needed a sucker like me to buy it. So I learned all I could about the moped online. I had 'er roaring in no time (as much as an overly large moped CAN roar anyway. ).

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"