View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: America's China Girl

The two gentlemen riding them said parts are still available. I think they said one bike was an original and the other was a replica.

They told me that besides Harley Davidson, Simplex was the longest running American made motorcycle, and some of the later models were 2 speed. They said they could get up to 50 mph.

I think it's strange they were made so long and I was never aware them. You would think there would be more of them on the streets. I would have been 7 years old when they went out of business.

I looked them up on line but there didn't seem to be much information about them. I did notice that they apparently are rotary valve 2 strokes.

They were very interested in my China Girl. Neither of them had ever heard of one. They were asking me where I got it and how I made it and stuff. They were both prime candidates to own China Girls, because they were both probably in their 50s or 60s. Only one of them knew how to use a computer. After I told them how little they cost I'm pretty sure they'll be looking them up today.