View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: how loud is an HT from the cager's perspective?

I get being upset by the BS. Dealing with cops is about passing their attitude test. Is it the same cop stopping you? If you had told him the first time that you chased them down and flipped them off because you lost your cool when they ran you off and then apologized and said it won't happen again, then the cop probably wouldn't have come back the next night. You don't have to suck up, just don't be a jerk to them. When you're a jerk to them, they become bigger jerks to you.

I get about being 15 and having places to go. I grew up out in the country and if you didn't have wheels, you didn't have a life. But responsibility comes with the wheels. When you're on that bike, you represent all of us. Even some random motorized bicycle dude in Minnesota. Why? Because all the legislative branches in all 50 states are copy cats. You help get MB's banned in your hometown and it spreads like a virus to the country. I'm oversimplifying it, but that's the basic point.

Finally, about the sound level... experiment. Sit in a car and have a friend ride around you or rev up your bike at different distances from the car. I can't tell you because I've never had one around me while I was in a car.

Sorry if I'm sounding like your father but I am one. I have kids your age, older and younger too. And I'm just trying to help you understand the situation a little better. And hey, I was once young and hated cops too... before I met some cool ones that helped me out, they're not all bad. Good luck my young friend.

Last edited by Jax2A; 12-21-2010 at 08:39 PM.