Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Okay. I've read enough and listened to enough so now I'm going to try John's oil. I picked up some Opti-2 today at the local rental company who happens to be a Toro dealer. The owner swears by Opti-2 and-4 and recommends it to his customers and uses it in all of his rental 2 and 4 stroke machines. He also told me that Opti-2 will add 2 years to a Toro engine warrantee. That means if Toro gives you 2 years on the engine, Opti-2 will add another 2 years to your warrantee if you use their product exclusively. That's a pretty strong testimonial. I'll mix up my first batch tonight and see how things work out. My fuel tanks are nearly empty so I'm going to drain them make the change cold turkey. I'll keep you posted.
Yo Tom I've been working in the small engine shop for the Capitol, we have abour 6-8 Toro 2 cycle mowers with suburu 5 horse engines. These mowers have 1000s of hours on them and were scheduled for salvage at the end of last (09) season. I convinced the management to go for Opti-2 because we wouldn't be out anything. At the last of this mowing season these mowers were running better than some of our new 4 cycles. It looks like the stuff works pretty good. We also use regular gas no alcohol blends. This makes a big difference on all air cooled engines. The 2 cycle engine was not designed on blended fuel mixtures.