Thread: Hey Everybody
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Can't get motor to start again

Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Yes GearNut does very nice informational write ups Glad you got it going!
Thanks Mr. Herder! I have a slight problem though. Forgive me as I'm just a newbie and beginner, but I took the bike out for the first time last night and it started up good, motor was running but I couldn't quite figure out the throttle and choke which is mounted on the handlebar, getting the bike to accelerate and decelerate. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that when you engage the clutch after peddling, the motor starts up and idles and the bike don't move until you twist the throttle handle. Well at least for me, it didn't work that way. As I was riding, I was having a hard time controlling the throttle and choke and to accelerate and decelerate. When I tried to disengage the clutch to slow down or stop the bike, I noticed that the motor was revving way too high, so I tried adjusting the choke and that did nothing after which I hit the kill switch to shut the motor down. Well, I thought I'd give it another go, so I tried to start it up again but to no avail. My dad said the carb might be flooded with gas, but I don't know if that's the case. I'm going to try and start the bike again today and see what happens. By-the-way, do you know what purpose those little clear tubes serves as on the new 2010 Skyhawk carburator? Can I remove them or do they need to stay on. Thanks for your help.