A major problem with my new project bike
Last night, I pulled the engine off, in preparation for extracting the broken studs. I'm not sure yet whether I want to do that myself, or just take it to a machine shop, but that's suddenly not the biggest problem.
Just now, I removed a hose clamp from the seat tube. I thought someone had put it there to prevent the engine from sliding down the tube into the pedal sprocket, since they'd wired the whole thing up with baling wire. I was wrong. The seat tube is sheared right there, and that hose clamp was keeping it together.
If I was going to repair that, I'd have to take it to someone who would weld it, but I'm not sure whether it's even worth it.