View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Last night I went to check on the drive sprocket and mounts I had painted over the weekend. The paint had wrinkled and lifted in places. Not sure if it was the weather or incompatible paint and primer. Regardless will need to strip and repaint, this time I'll make sure my paint is compatible with the primer though. As far as work done, I worked on mocking up my front leaf spring fork. I think I have it figured out fairly well now and I got the leaves of my spring cut and shaped. Also trial fit my motor for the first time and discovered I'll have to fab up a front motor mount that spaces it out from the down tube. Now I have to decide if I want to make a spacer which I imagine will make head stays a necessity or if I want to add another tubular member that may provide a secure enough mount not to require stays on on the head. Finally stripped a little of my frame just to see how difficult it was going to be.... paint on it came off pretty easy so that job shouldn't be too bad when the time comes.

Last edited by Jax2A; 12-01-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typo