View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
i spent most of the day figuring out ways to make my bike 100% legal in California. figured out the headlight/hibeam combo (according to the cop, we also need a little blue indicator/dash light so we know the hibeam's on) and got that all wired up to a dynohub.

still working on the functional taillight/brakelight. gotta research some switches. the easiest way would be to just install a cheater button on the handlebars that you press when you brake, but i want something that actually works.

researching horns, too. we're supposed to have something at least 90db, the same as the minimum for a car horn.

and i made some brackets to mount my license plate on the back. it was mounted to the side of my ammo can/saddlebag, but it's supposed to be visible from the back.

i hate it.

i'm not posting any pics till i get it all wired up and working. my goal is to offer a whole package for sale, with a dynohub front wheel and all the accessories, wiring, etc, so you just bolt it on and hook it up. the way the cops have been acting around here lately, i could make millions...
hey check out Radio Shack..they have small micro switches..normally open and normally might be able to set one up (normally closed) to make contact with your brake handle on the bars so when you squeeze it, it opens and completes the cicuit and the brake light comes on....or maybe rig one up(normally open)on the brake pad arms so when they contact the rim it closes the circuit and actuates the light?...either way it would take some mounting bracket fabrication and creative wireing..but im sure it could be done