Thread: Success!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Success!

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your successful first build (there'll be others).
A fast idle can be a symptom of an air leak in the induction system. The most common place is the carburetor where it attaches to the intake manifold. You'll want to make sure you have an air tight seal at that point. The manifold gasket to the cylinder would be the next place to examine. As Saddletramp suggested, the idle speed screw should adjust the speed but if it still idles fast with it screwed out then an air leak should be your next area of inspection. There are other causes but let's start simple and go from there. Get back to us if you need further help.

ooops, a little slow on the keyboard. Joe is faster

thank -you Tom...see it done.....already lookin for another one! gonna do theme bikes...."Gator's"...Seminole's....etc....colored rims's...tire's..whatever it takes..people will buy them.....the guy across the street from me came over an want's one for his 16 yo old to use for work transportation rather then pay high insurance for a car...he flipped when i told him how many mpg's these get!....the madness has started......i gotta find a way to re-size my pictures for the site so i can share my build........thanx again...charlie