View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by WildAlaskan View Post
so a little back story the other day i took my clutch cover off the seal was leaking so there was oily gas in the case i drained it and felt lazy so i put the cover back on to work on it later but heres the thing my gasket broke so i just put the cover on anyway i thought it will be just fine but the clutch rubbed the case causing a very fine aluminum dust to get everywhere and the clutch was slippin very badly

so today i took eveything apart under the clutch case replaced the seal for crank took clutch pucks out sanded both sides and cleaned everything off when i went to start i was supprised at how quikly it turned over started right away

i also put better studs on the rear mount and tightened air intake manifold down it vibrated loose somhow

every thiong is running good now
i found out that the 60second epoxy they sell at auto stores works great at sealing the carb too.

put some of it on today just out of curiosity. set quick and even after a good hour or so of riding it just got to a slightly squishy, but still gripped great.

also i think my float needs adjustment, seemed to be overflowing a little today as well
They see me rollin'
they hatin'

Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.