View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Something new and kinda sorta 100 years old looking

Thanks for the comments guys. The paint came from Home Depot. I'll let you know later what brands and colors I used because I'm actually going to sand it down again and paint it for the third time today. I'm trying to perfect the patina and I'm close but I think I can get it better. I'll also be repositioning the fender skirts today and hopefully some other stuff, so pics will follow.

The end product will be something rather steampunk - all brass and copper trim and power ... well ... if plans go the way they're headed now, I'll be selling the 4-stroke kit and putting a steam engine in it instead. I have the research done and the parts figured out and it's looking very doable. I'm not actually thinking of something all that practical so that makes the steam tech a lot easier and much cheaper. My hope is to have something I can fire up and make steam and propel it some. It doesn't have to have a lot of power or range.

Any thoughts on what would make a good color for the frame? Black - cream - hunter green ... ?

Oh ... and this means the fuel tank will become a water tank!

Last edited by fishguts; 11-14-2010 at 05:12 AM.