View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Motorized in East LA

Hey Riff,

There's a lot of info about the other motors and kits. I bought the California 2 horse power 48cc Grubee Clone (yes, the communist government of China may not like competition, but they like fast machines don't they) from Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors (also on Ebay).

Jim at Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors has been doing it for a long time. He's good at it. He's knows his stuff. I may try a local guy at some point. I prefer to go local on most stuff. I try to buy American when possible.

There's a few guys on craigslist: atlanta classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events. I use craigslist. It's been good.

As far as getting started with an engine? I'd say a new one. What you are planing on doing with your bicycle is always good to keep in mind. When buying a motor. There are a lot of threads loaded on info and maintenance stuff on here.

Individuality is part of being a human. There are a lot of performance options available on line. It is amazing how light weight it all is. I have tired my luck through the streets of Los Angeles and East Los Angeles. A lot of people like these bicycles.

Right now, I'm more interested in maintenance and reliability. I'm still only breaking in the engines passed 20 miles an hour. I am enjoying every moment.

I hope the links help, Riff.

(I'm not sure why the CL link is on atlanta, but there is one for OC as well).