View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Any reason these ideas wouldn't work?

Originally Posted by cls74 View Post
I'm going to do the clutch for sure. I should have them by the end of the week if their website is correct. The part I am not sure about is if there are any improvements to the flat cam design that could improve the fuctionality of it. It's kind of hard to visualize the actual works of it, just seeing the wear on the edge that makes contact . I've been thinking about a plexiglass cover to put on just to be able to see the actual contact points while disengaging the clutch. I'm sure something better can be done.

The wheels are what have me thinking. Unless the bearings have changed they aren't durable, especially when taking a continuous 25mph road beating. Would constant greasing be enough for them?

I'm thinking too much
I am riding a schwinn with a motor that is capable of 34mph on the flat - I havent had any problems with bearings or anything like that in 500 miles. Granted any improvement in lubrication is always good - and it would probably be the saving grace for using a 7 speed hub as transmission - but the key to these bikes is simplicity I think - much like the old early motorbikes.

Its a good idea though

Jemma xx
"....Look, no pedals... *thud*..." The mating call of the motorized-biker.

"RetroEagle" - 32cc Two-Stroke, Piped. 35mph on #13 gear. Reversed stem with springer fork.