View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: introducing the bairdco prototype cruiser.

Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
rode it around yesterday, probably about 20 miles. kinda weird having a big stock sprocket on. most of my bikes are built for speed. this thing cruises like a dream, though. solid, stable, yet responsive and a heck of a lot of fun!

here's some daytime pictures. this is basically what you'd get if you installed the entire kit on the bike.

but jeez, that tank's gotta go...
Looks good. If you get another customer who wants the cream colored tires, the ones from Electra are a better fit, being 2.125. They aren't so cushy, but look really good without the writing on them and give better clearance on a HT build. When I recently did my Motorbike with the HS motor I got away with Fat Franks not interfering with the chain due to the fact that you can adjust a four stroke a bit one way or the other side to side, so I was able to push the chain out a bit from the tire, but then needed to use a tensioner to get it above the chain stay. I like the ride of the fatty, but they are a pain on most builds. The Electras from Amazon have free shipping and come to a little over sixty bucks. He could probably sell these on the forum and be happier with something a little narrower. Bike looks good and your tank will take it over the top.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...