realistic power outputs/reliability of various common motorized bicycle motors
What are the realistic power outputs of:
1) a 2-stroke chinese kit, and deviation (claims of about 2.5-2.75 hp)
2) a 2-stroke morini kit, and deviation (different kits; claims of 3.2, 5.8, 9.4, 11.3, 16.7 hp)
3) a 4-stroke chinese kit, and deviation (claims of 2.5-? hp)
4) 4-stroke honda/yamaha motors
5) other ones you may wish to talk about
They all claim what they will, but I have a notion to believe the chinese as being overconfident and highly variable, with the morini claim being more stable, and the honda 4-stroke being pretty believable.
i'm already thinking in my head of another build and that i'm not probably going to mess with these substandard chinese kits again. i've had to spend nearly as much on replacement/upgrade parts as i have on the kit itself. i'd rather get a reliable, no-nonsense kit that truly is "complete".