View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: clutch and brake lever set up

Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
I looked at those but didn't buy one.
It is not really a locking clutch and brake combo, it is just a thumb ratcheting 3-speed gear shifter on a brake lever.

These clutches are pretty hard to engage, especially when they are new, I just can't see just using your left thumb to operate it very easy.

The kit clutch has a locking button by the way Shlink, it disengages when you pull on the clutch itself too.

Kicking... "The thing about the brake lever on the right throttle side is when I pull on it my palm wants to roll the throttle"

Point your levers almost straight down so your whole palm is around the grip and you just use the middle section of your fingers to pull it.

I still stand by the SickBikeParts Dual Pull Teeter-Totter Brake Lever" for $11.95 on the right side and the stock clutch on the left.
hey and hello'' i will try the lever pointing down for an while , my clutch engages pretty easy for right now , so i might try an lever too , I thought this thread was gone to page #109 or something . This is the way I may wind up going to . It just go's to show that this site is an data base of information . I know without doubt that there are many people here that know an whole lot of information . that's why I usually don't jump on the first reply , but wait for an while for other peoples input too. not because one way to fix or to find out information , is the absolute best way and the only way . but because I believe that one fix or solution to an problem may or may not work for everybody . I think our personalities come out in our work .