2 trips to the hardware store and 1 to the auto supply and $40 later this is all I got. I tried making 2 different front mounts and both times the holes I drilled were in the wrong place. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow. At least in keeping true to manly tradition I haven't looked at the instructions yet. Those are only as a last resort after trying everything else lol.
I removed the mounting studs and bought grade 8 bolts to put in their place. I can see one of those Chinese studs breaking off even with the block. I insist on only american bolts snapping off in my block. I do have a plan to mount the engine, if I could just drill a hole straight.