View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New guy, new bike, new engine kit

Originally Posted by Zack01GC View Post
I will let you all know how it goes. I'm still reasearching the Cranbrook coaster brake fixes/modifications... as well as the engine mounting problems. Want to get them figured out before the bike and motor get here so I know what to do when I get started. It all should be here any day!

i'm not sure how far along you are, but i will be asking questions because i have the same exact bicycle, a cranbrook huffy. i'm not sure your knowledge base but i can probably help you as well.

i have a grubee gt5 66cc kit coming my way soon. i'm repainting everything and modified the front of the frame so that it accepts a fork suspension. the stock cranbrook has NO suspension, which will be very noticeable on anything other than a smooth surface past 15mph. if you want to see pics of my build, go to the NEW MEMBERS section towards the top and look for my post. i have pictures. i'm sure you could ebay or somehow acquire a front suspension for cheap, and to pay for the welding (if you can't yourself) will only cost 10-20 dollars maximum. i'd recommend this.