View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Would this work?

If i rented a house instead of an apartment, believe me I would be ALL over customizing something nice. But I don't have the room to really work on anything in my apartment and it's on the 2nd floor so I don't have a back porch area so I'm really just wanting to mount the thing and be done with it. For now. Things may change come next year if things work out and I can get myself into a nice little house.

I may consider going with the rear-mount, but the biggest thing is that I will be using this to get to classes on a college campus. People are jerks (they threw my bike seat in a near-by creek once for the heck of it) so I am just thinking that a rear-mount would be more inviting to mess with rather than one that mounts "inside" the bike. I saw this cruiser bike at Walmart (yeah, wally world) for about $100 that looks pretty nice, and I've always thought those bikes were cute, plus it'll make my mom jealous (she LOVES those kind)!

I know the dimensions of the motor are 9.5 high x 9 x 9. I measured out the inside of the bike and a "cube" that size would fit, but because of the curvy-ness I'm apprehensive about going for it immediately. Otherwise I'd have bought the thing last night and figured out how to stuff it into my Ford Focus ZX3 and ordered the motor.

I attached a pic of the bike. For those of you who have mounted these things before, what are your thoughts? Would it be relatively easy to fit it in there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (10.1 KB, 25 views)