View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Talking Re: Operation OP ( the first build in progress )

Well here is where I am at with my build . The pictures here are before I do more modifications both frame and motor . The rims on these OP's are ( MADE OF PLASTIC !! ) I was 6 miles from home at night time when the spokes gave way to the torque on them . In these pictures you will see the bent spokes and the nasty chain gash on my stays . I will keep my tires and make hula hoops with these rims for the children . The gash is the thing that I'm worried about . I'm going to go ahead and make the hole more open and then fire up my back yard foundry . I will then funnel melted aluminum cans into this gash and make the whole bottom of my stays 'solid' aluminum . By the time I am finished with this Iron horse '' It will be American made - by me ! an American ! I have made an baby moon for the case cover so far and will make an pan head for the head cover . Not an fake head but one I will mold and machine myself . I just wish I had two rides so I can ride and work on my other build , I have to work on my patients' ! If I have two rides I will never work on the one broke down . I would ride and never do jack squat on this build . I invite any ideas . And let me take this time to tell all dealers to feel welcome to P.M me with some rims that will fit this ride . Christmas is coming and Santa might help me . Main thing is ( BEWARE OF PLASTIC RIMS ! ) they can look metal .. check yours ''TODAY "" !! P.S. Norm has an nice thread on foundry work .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2165.JPG (134.8 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2167.JPG (49.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2168.JPG (192.4 KB, 122 views)