Thread: Hello from Ohio
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from Ohio

Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Hi all, Well I'm fairly new to this whole motorbike thing. I am one who goes all in when i decide to do something. Yep you guessed it, I'm all in now. I ordered my PAV3 trike last week and am ordering a kit from stson-inc very soon. Figured this would be the fastest way for my to ride.
Hi TM,

I helped some guys last year building 2 of those Staton ready with a selection of wrenches, iirc there was a need for a 1" or 1 1/4" somewhere on that back axle (it's all documented with pix at the other forum, in the rackmount section).

Two small jacks for that back axle (or one jack and blocks), and either a grinder or drimel for chain sizing are also needed.

Did you order the basket for the back of the PAV? Because that is where the plastic gas tank goes...

Last piece of advise is buy one or two of those $5 little orange pennant flags (because you are so low to the ground) and a good mirro-cycle mirror. Then you are ready right off the bat when you take your test ride, because I guarantee when you get it running you'll suddenly be 10 miles from home, might as well be visible and safe, until the neighbors get used to seeing you on the streets.

You didn't ask for advise on the engine, but I like the R/Subaru over the Honda, it purrs in the 20-25 mph range, and has a smaller profile.