View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:40 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: sprocketless design

Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
While I do love the great outdoors with all its mountains and forests, the convenience of having everything within a few blocks is needed at this time. In the future, hopefully not too far into it, I will move to the Ozark mountains in north central Ark. My grandfather has property on Bull Shoals Lake. His house is the last house on a gravel (read Ark. boulder strewn) road before the lake. His nearest neighbor is almost 2 miles away.
Sounds like my kind of country. The nearest city of any real size to me is Duluth, a hundred miles away, so I don't go often. If it weren't for the internet and being able to find and buy things online it would be an even greater inconvenience living in the forest. Last evening I watched the sun go down from the middle of Eagles Nest Lake. My neighbor and I were fishing for Walleyes. Didn't catch anything worth keeping, but it is always good being on the water, seeing the painted sky at sunset, watching the migrating ducks come in for landings. I never tire of it and always feel deeply privileged to live in a place with such beauty around me. It is fall here now with the first leaves of paper birch and red maple falling to earth. Temps in the 30's each morning and a fire in the wood stove is just the way I like it. I hope you can go to your Grandfather's place sooner rather than later.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...