View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: sprocketless design

Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
... a not unwarranted interweb paranoia, generally speaking it's but a healthy practice to give out as little personal information as possible (our aliases/usernames would be a prime example). While things like general location is easily determined by anyone interested and in fact is harmless, even helpful data in our case - it simply becomes a habit to not volunteer such when signing up to a new, unexplored place.

Heck - when I first joined I didn't fill out my profile at all beyond "otherwhere" as my location lol, it was only later when I became comfortable (and requested to) did I put Maine as my home.

It's more the inappropriate self promotion that I think Tom has a problem with, the lack of background info simply compounds it *shrug*
Another amazing coincidence! First the OP is from the same planet and now I learn you come from Otherwhere. Man, I was born in Otherwhere and dawdled away my youth there. We may have passed each other on the same street (Main street) or gone to the same cinema (Movie Show), had a burger in the same dive (McDonalds). Boy, does this bring back the memories (Memory Lane). Later on I moved to Someplacelse, but it was never the same. Sure miss home.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...