Thread: Funny questions
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Funny questions

Originally Posted by Nougat View Post
Oh, I know I'm not a creeper, but I live in the world of panicky suburban housewives, where the default judgment about men is "dangerous to women and children."
Didn't mean to call you paranoid either, but I know what you mean. Our society has become so twisted that every bush hides a stalker, serial killer or pedophile. My job doesn't require me to wear a suit or to look presentable so out of pure lazyness I often go for long periods without shaving. LOL Anyways, a couple years back I drove a ratty and junky '66 Impala 4 door, all rusty, partly in grey primer with those loud 'redneck' cherry bombs that young boys are automatically attracted to and used to frequently pick up my son from kindergarten/grade school in the car. Although I shouldn't have, I did feel quite uncomfortable surrounded by all those kids looking at the car and asking questions. You can just imagine how a scruffy guy in an old 'perv-mobile' looked in the sea of hoity-toity soccer moms in their new minivans. Anyone seen the movie Uncle Buck? Well it was sorta like that. LOL All I needed was a "Don't laugh, your kid might be in my trunk" sticker to complete the stereotype. They probably thought I was handing out lollypops and luring their kids into the car. I got more than my share of suspicious glaring looks before the school staff and other parents finally got accustomed to the car.
McGyver could fix that with bubble gum.

Last edited by meowy84; 09-10-2010 at 09:33 AM.