View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hello from North Idaho

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. Winters can be a pain up here but it hasn't been so bad that I've been snowed in. I kind of live in a very small banana belt here and we don't get dumped on too bad, 5 miles away and 4 feet of snow could be a different story though.

I have already decided it will be a shifter setup for the motor and pedals. I've been really looking into the phaser gearbox to run both pedal and motor power through. Going to re-engineer and build myself. For the motor I'm looking at the Honda GX35. Not a lot of power but I don't need a ton of speed, just the torque and gear reduction for the steeper stuff. I plan on a custom exhaust that will run through the frame and try to quiet things down to a fleas fart.

I'm going to try and model everything on the computer first before I start building that way I can see problem areas before they become expensive problem areas. It will be a long term project but I do see a market for what I have in my head. Now to go work out some more gear ratios.