Thread: Mesa AZ Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Mesa AZ Hello

I am game and want to ride long distance like Tucson, Flagstaff, Bisbee and beyond. I felt threatened by some of the statements over ... Well that is past and fun rides and helping others get going is a good goal for now. As I rode past the area I put on a 2 day mountain bike race back about 1986 before the Butcher Jones turn off to Saguaro Lake I started dreaming up a 2 to 3 day event here in the same area for Arizona.

Imagine a long ride out beeline highway to Pumpkin Center turn off leaving before daybreak. The ride would go past Roosevelt Lake and along the Superstitions mountains on Apache Trail (dirt for 20 miles or so) and back out to Saguaro lake area where we would have camp grounds reserved for us all. Next day would be a hill climb up Four Peaks and maybe a lap race for those who like to race on a short 1/2 to 1 mile dirt track.

I don't know if the whole thing could be reasonably be done, but I would like to get a committee together somehow to discuss the options and possibilities. And I do want to ride those places and maybe New Mexico and California too.
LennyHarp of Lenny's Bikes & Things
The true value of a man is not judged by what he has, but rather by what he can do without.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an action, but a habit." -- Aristotle