View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Hard Fall, feeling rough.

I just now read this and am sorry for what happened. It is something I'm aware of every time I ride, and I'm out in the forest with little traffic to contend with. I'm glad you're going to recover and that it isn't as bad as it could have been, but it was plenty bad enough and I'm sorry about the pain you're in.
I almost always have a kiddie trailer in tow even if the dog isn't with me. It makes my bike a lot more visible and I replaced the little plastic flag that came on it with an American flag. I think I'm about as visible as I can make myself be and I am still aware of how vulnerable I am on a bike. As for a helmet, I always wear one. Even a cheap helmet is better than none. I am reminded of how tireslyder recently took a spill hitting a turtle... I dumped at low speed last summer turning on gravel. It doesn't take much to end up on the ground, let alone getting hit by a truck. Glad you're still with us, bud.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...