1. Got a hardware nearby? If so a quick and dirty way to overcome the stripped studs on the gas tank would be some cable clamps mounted to the studs.
2. You're going to want to grease the drive gears under the clutch (right hand) cover and the clutch actuator pin once and a while.
3. 24:1 or 32:1 is just fine with normal 2 cycle oil and walmart should still have it since it's used in a lot of things besides lawnmowing equipment.
4. Yes, I can personally attest to the fact that running Opti-2 at 100:1 is just fine. I've run at least 12 gallons though my motor.
5. There are a lot of different schools of thought about the break-in period. Some say yes, take it slow and easy and others say no, ride the snot out of it. I pretty much did the latter on my engine.
6. I sincerely doubt you'll find any motor parts locally. I don't know of any in OKC but there are a lot of vendors on the web and most have pretty good turn around times on shipping.
7. My son was just stationed to Tinker AFB, he got there Sunday.